This blog is the news sharing site of the Knox College Office of Sustainability. Follow our posts for timely news about sustainability initiatives at Knox College!
At Knox College, we are committed to creating and nurturing a culture of sustainability. To us, such a culture includes:
- Recognition that humans are part of nature and need to live in balance with Earth’s ecosystems.
- Reduced consumption of natural resources to a replenishable rate.
- Reduced generation of waste to a rate at which the environment can assimilate it.
- Decision-making that gives equal weight to natural, social, and economic systems.
- Commitment to place, including conservation and equity in distribution of local resources.
Stay tuned to learn about the strides we are taking towards realizing this ideal.